If you are an outdoor or fitness enthusiast and don’t know who Cameron Hanes is, you should. Cam is an internationally known bow hunter and Under Armour sponsored athlete. Cam travels the world hunting large game and can be found all over Youtube shooting his bow from long distances, talking about his travels, taking down wild game and giving fitness advice. This is a great article that can be found on his site. I love how he breaks down 9 Sure Fire ways to increase mental toughness. A few of them include:
- Get inspired by others through books, internet and live interactions.
- Learn from the trial and errors of others and expect a lot of yourself.
- Don’t dwell too long on what went wrong when assessing a performance. Focus, instead on what you’re going to do about it moving forward.
- Get comfortable with the unfamiliar – switch up your daily routine.
- Think and speak well of your health – teach yourself to use positive self talk about your health and your fitness.
- Hang out with people with the same goals and hopefully some that have already achieved what it is you want to achieve.
- Build a strong community of like minded people who will build you up and motivate you just by being around them.
- Expect the unexpected.
All of these insights can be implemented into any area of your life. Life is all about the ups and the downs, the peaks and the valleys. How much mental toughness we store up on the peaks will determine how triumphant we are in the valleys.
“NOBODY CARES, WORK HARDER” – Cameron Hanes
To Your Success,